Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Before

We are in the process of renovating a building in our hometown in hopes of opening our own restaurant. This is my son who is sitting on a hammer in one of the old studs.
This is my Dad who is running from that big ol' piece of drywall that is falling to the ground. There was a layer of drywall, cornboard, and lathe and plaster on this wall.



Here is a little better picture of the layers. Check out those light fixtures which have now been replaced.

This is what the wall used to look like when you walked in the door. It had lovely blue carpet with about six layers of subfloor and linoleum underneath it.



Here is my little friend who helped me rip out the old wall paper of the plaster walls. She was a fantastic helper!
Stay tuned for some after pictures. We hope to be open in about two weeks. Tomorrow is our safe food handling class. I'm taking it with my husband and I'm expecting to get beat on Tuesday's test. I hope this explains why I haven't blogged in so long.
Have a good one!
:) Heidi


3 comments:

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

What a HUGE job!!! I wish you the very best of luck and I can't wait to see the "after" shots!
Tracy

Melissa said...

Hey Heidi Girl!
Thanks for stopping by and entering in my give away! Best of luck with your new place. I love that ceiling, is it tin?
When you are further along in your decorating process, let me know, as I'd like to send you a piece of art for your new place. You've been such a loyal Honey Girl Studio follower, it's something I'd like to do for you!
Smiles-
Melissa

Heather said...

how fun! those tin ceilings are amazing. I love old buildings!~