Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Tough times


This home was my favorite one I saw when we were designing our own home. It was my inspiration for the house we built. I didn't end up with the funds to do the faux stone (yes it is "faux"). But I did incorporate a few of the elements. Anyway I heard yesterday that the gal who was the homebuilder and designer of some fabulous homes (this one included) around my area has filed for divorce, declared corporate bankruptcy and left town. She was an incredibly hard worker. She wasn't a personal friend of mine but I do admire talent and a good work ethic of which she had ample of both. When a community loses a person with her talents it really loses a lot. She also built a public golf course with an exquisite clubhouse, townhomes, condos you name it. And she could lay tile like a pro! This is probably a familiar story in many peoples hometowns given the current economic times. Good luck to her, I will miss seeing her creativity brought to life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless you so much for writing this post, sounds like you would be a true friend for her.

Have a great weekend!

~Tonya said...

Such a sweet post Heidi and for you to think of her.

Yes, it is sad that one one gets in the middle of a divorce, it takes hold of your life. The economy plays a big part in that right now with so many things.

I am sure she will be missed. I hope she lands back on her feet, as her design is beautiful.

Have a great day.
~Tonya