Monday, November 2, 2009

Our new "Stash" and some Jedi Warriors

Oh no look what is on my kitchen counter! I think the Butterfingers are gone now so I may be a little safer. We live in an area where some towns have Trick-Or-Treat on the 30th and some have it on Halloween. We took advantage of this and went both nights! Got to get the most good out of the costumes because they are only used for this Halloween and they are already talking about what they want to be for next year.
This is the picture before the boys started off with their cousins. We do this every year with the girls and we have a blast! Dad makes a big batch of chili for when we get home. We love this tradition.

This is the sck my oldest carried around with him and I knew we had emptied out the sack so I went to grab it to put it away and.....



it was much heavier than I expected. Jasper had found his way into it and discovered a new hiding place!




My middle son thought it would be a good idea to whip a towel at me in the kitchen. The melted candle sitting on the candle warmer seemed like a good safe alternative to an open flame. It was a good thought but as you may know it melts the entire candle. I had candle wax on my kitchen cupboards, the wall, the counters and oh did I mention the dog? Yep a day late for Halloween but the poodle is sporting "Pumpkin Pie Spice" orange candle wax on his fur. Hope you had an excellent and fun Halloween weekend. We sure did!


2 comments:

Vintagesquirrel said...

Hello Heidi, I missed you also! Sounds like your family had a fantastic Halloween. My 2 older boys went trick-or-treating with their friends. They're way too cool to be seen with us now. By the way, I love chili (and butterfingers) too!

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet they all look!