Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My version of a fabric organizer

I have seen three different versions of similar organizers on etsy.com. They all were cool but I wanted to try to make a custom one for me. Here is what I came up with today. The pocket on the left hand side of the organizer offers a great way to protect my post cards from the sweet and talented Heather from Audrey Eclectic. This is her blog http://reverieart.blogspot.com/

These are the supplies needed to make one. I used a heavy interfacing and fusible fleece along with a 1/2 yard each of tan linen fabric and a pretty cotton print I found at JoAnn's. Of course you need thread and a sewing machine. I didn't have a pattern but I had a small notebook that I used to design my pattern around.



This is what it looks like closed. The ribbon came from Cris at Mommy's Midwest Mountain Folk Art Studio (visit her blog here http://mommysmidwestmountain.blogspot.com/ )when I bought an adorable kitty angel from her off ebay. I also used a vintage pearl button from my stash to loop the ribbon around for a closure.

This is so much cooler than carrying around my stuff in a grocery sack. :)



2 comments:

Micki Wilde said...

So pretty!! I am rubbish with fabrics ;)

Micki x

Heather said...

oh what a pretty little organizer you made! I need to make something like that for my knitting needles. How sweet that I can see a familiar little angel peeking out!....