Monday, October 5, 2009

Who wants to see my Hooters?

This probably wasn't the first thing that popped into your head was it? Tee hee. These are the cute little owls I made from wool sweaters that I felted in the washing machine. I love how these turned out. My sister loved them so much she now is the proud owner of five of them. Happy October birthday to you!
Who gives a hoot? I do of course. I took this set to a craft show yesterday but it didn't sell for $10. I can't tell you how many hours it took me to paint this but its okay because I will decorate my own house with it:)


This is my Halloween Annie I made from a pattern from Back Porch Pickins. I love how she turned out!



Here is a picture of the signs we made to take to the show. I think the only one that didn't sell out of this pile was the Spooky Hollow. We should have made it into a stake and then I think it would have sold.


This is a picture of some of my favorite things. My husband made these cute little treat sacks from an old Martha Stewart magazine. We sold several of these yesterday. It was crazy, we had some old burlap bags left over from the corn show and we put some weeds in the bags and they sold for $5 each. How crazy is that? My Mom joked that she finally got my Dad to cut the grass. Sorry it has been so long in between posts but my honey and I took a week to rest and relax on the beach in Ft. Lauderdale and then I worked liked crazy getting ready for that craft show. Hope all of you are enjoying these beautiful Fall days!



3 comments:

Cris said...

those little hooters are darling! I love owls! Happy Fall!

Heather said...

what nice hooters ;) I also love that handpainted sign...I cant BELIEVE it didnt sell...you never know with stuff. usually if I paint a lot of things to sell, the one that I feel is 'the best' is the last one to go...so you never know ;)

Vintagesquirrel said...

I really like your hooters, Heidi. I've got about 15 wool sweaters that I picked up at the Salvation Army store on half-price Wednesdays. I'm going to have to go to the laundromat to felt them. (I broke our washing machine last spring trying to felt a sweater.) Do you have any tips you can share?