Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Beautiful Christmas Eve

1976 Hallmark ornament - a present from my babysitter way back when

My son and I's favorite Christmas cookies (they have a marachino cherry in the middle - yum!)
Its time to eat the cookies!!!!

Please???


View out my back door. Actually neighbors trees since we still have a dirt yard. Hee Hee!




The snow keeps falling and falling! It is so beautiful! My oldest had only requested a white Christmas this year (along with Batman action figures, webkinz, and Harry Potter stuff). Looks like someone heard the wish and is ensuring it comes true. I haven't left my house since Friday and I know I need to go out today but I'm a little nervous about the road conditions. My family thinks Christmas Eve is the most special time so that is when we all get together. Santa always makes an appearance and passes out gifts to the kids. I remember when "Santa" (my great uncle Harold) would make his rather late appearance. I remember asking my mom why Santa smelled a little funny. She told me he had stopped at a few bars to wish his friends a "Merry Christmas" before coming to our house. He was a great man with a gentle soul. Thanks for the memories Uncle Harold.








I just wanted to wish anyone who happens to stop by a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year! May the magic of childhood touch us all!

2 comments:

Vintagesquirrel said...

Hello Heidi! I am so happy that you are follower of my blog. Isn't it cool when people visit your lil blog? I'm just loving it. I have been reading your blog for the past couple of weeks, and have only just gotten around to posting a comment. Your commentary is so sweet and your stories about your life and family are just what I like to read. Since I am a very visual person though, I thought that your blog would be just perfect if there were a few photos included in your posts. I actually thought to myself, I hope she gets a digital camera for Christmas. Well, I came to your blog today, to find you've added pics! Yay! Oh, and I hope you had a Very Merry Christmas...

Just Me said...

Ooooh, your after Christmas wind-down sounds soooo heavenly!!! Thanks for sharin!