Friday, December 26, 2008

Whew!

Just beautiful!

To add to my collection of delft my mother-in-law found these charming bottles - Thanks Betty!




She also gave me this piece of Mosse pottery. I love this stuff! Its made in Ireland.


From K - Thanks for thinking of me!




These are my favorite gifts I got this year! Mark my Christmas a big success! My husband said the new house was my present. How will he top that next year?




My day after Christmas started with a trip to my favorite bakery, Simply Sweet Bakery (handmade goodies). I of course had the breakfast burrito, my mom had the creme brulee oatmeal, my sons had a blueberry/lemon scone, a huge cinnamon roll and biscuits and gravy. I wish I would've had my camera with me but alas it was left at home. The gravy on the biscuits and gravy was homemade and the sausage she uses is soo good.






My friend (youngster) 19 year old K stopped by and we went to Wal-Mart (she found three beautiful pink roses in the half off bin and she bought them for me. We then went to lunch at my favorite Chinese restaurant. They have the best egg rolls I've ever had and the Almond Chicken is fabulous.





I just got home after a nail biting drive through some of the densest fog. I changed the music on my blog because now that Christmas is over I'm ready to hear some new stuff. Its going to be nice to focus on getting this new house set up so I can find my things again. Surprisingly after packing up most of my worldly possessions and storing them for so long I really haven't missed that many things. The Salvation Army will be the recipient of a lot of stuff we don't need anymore.
How about you what was your favorite gift this Christmas?

1 comment:

Vintagesquirrel said...

Heidi, My most favorite gift this Christmas was definately the delicious pumpkin bread 'stars' that my sister-in-law made for us. I'm guessing that she baked them in star-shaped muffin pans. They are so moist and yummy, dusted with powdered sugar (I love that stuff!). She even had a sweet round Christmas box that she packed them in. Now that I think of it, I should take a picture before there all gone...