Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Freezing Rain

That's what we can expect today. Some area schools are being cancelled. My new furnace is not working and my hands are getting cold. So I thought I would try to warm them up by making a post. This blog is suppose to invite me to write down the things that make my life happy. Today I went to the kids' school for about an hour and a half to tutor second graders so they don't fall behind in class. I love seeing the light bulbs go on and their faces light up. There were actually a couple of questions I wasn't sure of the answer. How could I a college grad not know the answers on second grade worksheets? It keeps me humble. I am always surprised how much these kids already know. Was I that smart at their age?

I am very thankful for my friend K. She came to my house last night and made sugar cookies. She is such a wonderful girl. At her age of 19 she has had to learn a few of life's lessons the hard way but she has taken them to heart and is on a really great path for her future.

My husband and I had a disagreement over the weekend and we were able to work it out. What happens when neither of you are in the wrong? He wasn't wrong and neither was I. Just some tough decisions that makes you wish you were a kid again.

No comments: